7.27.2009

New Lens!

On Friday I bought a practically new Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens on Craigslist and was so excited to try it out over the weekend. So on Saturday, the fam and I set out for a local arboretum at the beautiful Swarthmore College. Suffice it to say I have a lot of practicing to do until I'll feel really comfortable with it, but I think it's the start of a beautiful relationship. I had lots of fun playing and like some of the images I was able to get of the pretty flowers. My husband was a bit amused by the sweat literally dripping off my face when I climbed back into the air-conditioned car where he was waiting with the kids (I had hopped out to take just a COUPLE more pictures...twenty minutes later, you get the drift). That's what happens when you crouch in the sun on a hot, humid, muggy day in Philadelphia!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

On a side note, I've begun posting my images in a different way, so if you're interested in viewing the EXIF data on any of my pictures (e.g., what camera/lens/aperture/shutter speed/ISO was used), you should now be able to right-click on the picture-->properties-->copy the address (URL)-->paste it into an EXIF viewer website like this one: http://regex.info/exif.cgi. It's a pretty nifty feature and you can learn a lot by studying the EXIF data of photographers out there (I've been doing this a lot lately!).

No comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP