8.18.2007

About Me

Hi! My name is Danica and I'm a photographer in the Philadelphia area specializing in maternity, newborn, children, family, seniors and engagement photography. I'm originally from Southern California, but have enjoyed my time on the East Coast while my husband has attended dental school.

When my son was born in 2006, I found myself wanting to take a hammer to my lousy point-and-shoot camera as I missed one cute moment after another. I drove to the store determined to buy a better camera. For fun, I picked up a DSLR and immediately fell in love. I saved up and bought my first digital SLR in June of 2007, and enjoyed getting satisfying images of my son. Within a few months, friends started asking me if I'd take family pictures for them. I threw myself into the field, and after a period of portfolio-building, I began Danica Nelson Photography in April 2008 and haven't looked back since!

At the end of 2008, our family grew again to include a baby girl - she and my son are my inspiration and the driving force behind my photography (and my husband has supported me through all the late nights I've spent on the computer). Images of my children seriously make my heart so happy and I'm delighted to be able to work with my clients to preserve their beautiful, shining moments that come and go all too quickly.

I like to combine an artistic, photojournalistic approach with classic portaiture to create a unique, fun and fresh view into the lives of my clients. As the wife of a (seemingly endless) student, I definitely appreciate a good deal. I work hard to keep my pricing affordable, and am happy to offer my clients a disc of their session images - I would hate to create a beautiful session for a client, only to see them print the handful of images they can afford and lose all the rest.

I'd love to work with you...so take a look through the images on my site to see if my style is a good fit for your family. Then contact me at danicaphotography@gmail.com with any questions or to set up a session! Hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP