My images were all showing up pixelated on my site, and I was finally fed up! I emailed a couple photographer friends for help, and ended up going with the suggestions Amy gave me (of AMY LEIGH PHOTOGRAPHY) - amid her busy day she was willing to help me until I got the problem solved and I'm very grateful! To pass it forward, I figure I'll offer you guys a step-by-step of how I post my images in case anyone else has questions like I did.
1. I take my fully edited print-ready image and RESIZE & SHARPEN for the web, using a free action from MCP Actions (it's called MCP Crystal Clear Web Resize & Sharpening). See THIS LINK for a list of free actions she offers. I usually adjust the sharpen layer to about 20-30% opacity.
- For horizontal pictures I specify 700 pixels wide and 600 ppi
- For vertical pictures I specify 500 pixels wide and 600 ppi
2. I watermark my newly resized and sharpened image.
3. I upload my web-ready images into an album in my PHOTOBUCKET account, which I have set to private in the account options area.
4. If I am posting all of the images in the album, I scroll down to the bottom of the album page once they have uploaded, and click "select all" - If I'm only posting select pictures from the album, I'll hover over the pictures I want and check the box that appears. Then I hit the "Generate HTML and IMG code" button at the bottom of the page.
5. When the page loads there will be five different boxes with HTML code in them. I copy the entire content of the SECOND box (that says "HTML images for Ebay, Livejournal, MySpace, etc.").
6. On Blogger, I create a new post and click on the "Edit HTML" tab. I paste the code I got in the previous step into my post. Then I click back on the "Compose" tab to add any text and publish the post.
My main problem was that I wasn't resizing my image before putting it into the Photobucket album. But I was also using another HTML code I'd found online for posting large images and changing part of it for each picture's code, adding a line of code for each picture and specifying how wide I wanted the picture. This was complicating things, taking me WAY longer than was necessary, and was stretching my image and creating pixelation.
I hope this helps someone out there...let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help if I can.